Today we are trying a new recipipe: chocolate raspberry sorbet! Yummy!
We will be doing this right after nap time. Then the children will vote on it to determine if it will make the cut for our recipe box.
I found this one at www.recipezaar.com
Here is the recipe, if anyone else wants to try this at home:
2 Cups frozen raspberries, thawed
1/2 Cup sugar
2 Tablespoons honey
1/4 dutch process cocoa (I couldn't find dutch process, so I got regular cocoa)
1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
1. Push raspberries through fine metal sieve; set aside (we just used our blender)
2. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, honey, and 2 cups water.
3. Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
4. Add cocoa; cook stirring constantly, 2 mintues.
5. Remove from heat, whisk in chocolate and then the raspberry puree.
6. Chill in freezer for 30 minutes.
7. Freeze in an ice cream freezer (for those of us who don't have one, this means to give it a stir every half hour or so until it's the right consistency to enjoy! I'm guessing my kids will enjoy it thinner like a slush puppy. :)