Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fish Wish

As we were opening up our parcel from Cornwall, England, the kids said "I wish there was some chocolate in here! Their wish came true! I don't know how she did it, but our swap pal Pip managed to find milk chocolate sardines! The kids thought this was highly amusing! It was hilarious to find these, and I remember thinking to myself how fun it would have been if I'd found chocolate to send out to our swap pal. We didn't find any though.

There is also an assorted package of chocolate fish, that we'll share on another day.

Pip wrote out some of her adventures from cornwall for us on a card with a fish painting on the front by a local (UK) artist. The children enjoyed hearing about what Pip does over there. The toddlers of course have their own summary of her adventures that they have been telling back to me. Emma thinks Pip goes swimming with the fish (which wasn't mentioned in the card).

We were also given an award-winning picture book named The Mousehole Cat by Antonia Barber and nicola Bayley. I will let the kids take turns bringing this book home to show parents.

The other things we received from Pip were some fish stickers, a cool coaster with a cartoon fish pie, and a fish bookmark of Pilchards.

I hope Pip likes her fish package as much as we like ours! Thanks Pip!